Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

While sitting here thinking about ways to become more ecologically friendly I decided to think over all the ways we have already, and here is my list:

*Organic gardening
*Composting (CHICKENS!!)
*Breastfeeding (no bottles, no supplementing)
*Natural Family Planning
*Reusable food storage containers
*Reusing the ziploc bags we do have and any grocery bags we might have
*Using cloth grocery bags (this one we need to do more often)
*Cloth diapers and cloth wipes
*Cutting down on paper towels (at least 50%!)
*Carpooling when possible
*Using our own homemade laundry and dishwasher detergent
*Cutting out commerical beauty supplies
*No more commerical cleaners. Vinegar is my best friend!
*Choosing to fill our recycling container over the trash container

And now for ideas that I've either been experimenting with or that interest me:

*No commerical shampoo or conditioner. I'm trying to find the right balance for using baking soda, vinegar, and coconut oil instead.
*Mama cloth.
*Finding natural cleaners for face washing. I've read that Castor Oil can be good for this and want to give it a try.
*Looking for natural baby wash, but haven't been successful yet.

A site I love for making your own mama cloth, diapers, slings, etc http://crafts.sleepingbaby.net/PADS.html

No comments:

Post a Comment