Saturday, January 16, 2010

Raw Milk, Goat Milk

We have recently tried goat milk. I'm not talking from a can or from the grocery store, I'm talking goat milk fresh that morning from the goat farm. And it's gooooood. I don't think I want to go back to cow milk for my regular milk drinking needs! If only it weren't $5/half gallon. *Sigh* I like goat milk. And the boys do too!

Next is to try the raw milk. The milk we bought was pasturized, as we had never tried goat milk before and thought we'd take slow steps, in case we didn't like..and raw is a $1 more. So yes, you have to sign a waiver in able to buy raw milk saying you don't hold the local farm liable in case you get a number of serious or nonserious illnesses. I find it amusing. Anyway, yes, adventure on!

Oh! Oh! Before I forget, they also make lotion and soap out of the milk and I will update on how amazing those products are soon. And we had a great time teaching the boys about the goats while watching the buggers play about. It was wonderful!

ETA: For more local info about buying goat milk or milk products check out http://www.drakefamilyfarms.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment