Friday, January 8, 2010

January: No TV except on the weekend mornings: Week One

When I first told my boys that Monday thru Friday the tv wasn't getting turned on I was recieved with looks of shock, anger, and even some tears (this includes Paul). PBS is all we ever watch and I know my Braxton and Kade have really missed Dinosaur Train, but we've been surviving. We did cave once when we went to Blockbuster to buy Up because it was on sale and Paul let the boys watch some of it that evening. But we were all together watching, so that's gotta count for something, right? Anyway, so last weekend I told my boys to pick out 5 activities to do from my big art book and we would do one a day. We haven't been great about that part...we've only done two...BUT we have been doing other things, so that's ok too. We've made giant clocks and Kwanzaa masks and the other days we have done things like going to the dinosaur museum (new members! woohoo!), planning and putting together a dessert party, going to the library, karate class, and more. There has been way more coloring going on, which has been great. And more cursive practice. It's amazing how much easier it is to learn writing in cursive than it is in print.

I am planning a visit to the Great Salt Lake next week (weather permitting) and probably going back to the aqaurium. Our dinosaur reading and researching is continuing on, but I think the boys are ready to add in trains. About half the day is spent putting together the tracks and racing the trains around. There is an awesome train museum in both Ogden and Toole and I think it's time we paid a visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment