Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Year of Commitments

At the end of every year millions of people consider what new years resolutions they would like to make. We all know what tops what is likely 90% of those lists: weight loss and financial freedom. And we all know how long those resolutions last. By February those resolutionists are paying for their Big Macs and oversized Starbucks with those handy dandy Visa cards.

For some, that may be ok. But I am taking a stand in my own life and rather than making a resolution to better my life, I'm making the commitment. One commitment for each month so that by the end of 2010 a whole new lifestyle has emerged. Hopefully, it's one for the better.

January - No tv on Mondays-Friday. Only 2 hours on the weekends for the boys and one movie on Saturday or Sunday allowed for Paul and I.

February - Sex everyday. Whether or not I am in the mood.

March - Hot breakfast everymorning; NO microwave.

April - Do hair and make-up everyday (the amount of make-up isn't important).

May - Make bed everyday.

June - Get outside to play for no less than 1 hour.

July - No fast food.

August - Put all the laundry away every day.

September - Floss daily.

October - Put aside one item daily to be donated at the end of the month.

November - Write one thing I am thankful for everyday on a post-it note and post around the door, fridge, bathroom mirror, etc.

December - Find one food to make a new recipe with every day.

By putting this out there I hope it will make for some accountability as I continue the everlasting journey to become a better wife, mother, and woman. Here we go!

1 comment:

  1. I think that is a great way to make changes in your life! I hope it goes well and I may copy it in a few months :)

    ReplyDelete