Thursday, December 31, 2009

Three Weeks of Misery

Over the last 3 weeks we've been taking turns passing around the nasties. Starting with Braxton and what we thought was "just" conjunctivitis that turned into an ear infection and a slight cold and treated with breastmilk in nearly every orifice to vomiting and a fever of 105.7 that sent us to the ER at the children's hospital. Turned out it was adenovirus. His lasted about 8 days and just as we thought we were done , Kade, Trent, and I awoke with crusty and goobery eyes. What joy! So the milk flowed into their eyes as well, and seemed to keep the goobers at bay for my boys, but what about my own eyes? Well....I did attempt that. And I was not successful. Although saturating a cottonball with the precious milk and rubbing on my eyes did seem to offer a bit of relief.

Slowly our eyes, noses, and coughs have been getting better and we have been filled with so much elderberry, garlic cloves, garlic oil, slippery elm, and breastmilk I'm surprised it's not leaking out our pores. And now the hubby has started with a sore throat and he's taking the elderberry as if it's going out of style, but at least he's not complaining. We all know how horrible a "man cold" can be.

But there is a point to this point rather than just rambling. I have to admit that we gave in and saw the drs. Braxton had to go for the high fever, Kade's eye turned from viral to bacterial and we needed some eye drops (they have cleared it up beautifully), Trent is borrowing the eye drops as well, and I went for a sinus infection and ear infection that I just couldn't kick. I suppose there is a time when it's a good thing modern medicine developed the "Z-pack".

No comments:

Post a Comment